GRADUATE OPPORTUNITY: REAL ESTATE ACQUISITIONS MANAGER
We are currently seeking a 2015 Graduate with a strong interest in Real Estate and a passion for people & communication to join our growing Acquisitions Division as an Acquisitions Manager. In this dynamic entry-level position, reporting to the Executive Director of Strategy, you will be working directly for one of the most skilled and experienced residential property investment teams in the New York Metropolitan area.
- Source prospective acquisitions for the Fund, ensuring the property meets the Fund’s investment criteria
- Perform inspections and conduct full analysis of prospective acquisitions to form a recommendation for the Fund’s Investment Committee regarding: purchase price, construction budget, and anticipated rent and yield
- Present prospective acquisitions to the Investment Committee for approval
- Active participation in the review of properties presented by other Acquisition Managers in the Investment Committee Meetings
- Preparation of contract information for Investment Committee sign-off
- Liaise with external brokers/sellers regarding prospective acquisitions, and create and cultivate relationships with realtors/sellers for future transactions
- Negotiate purchase price and closing with external brokers/sellers
- Liaise with in-house and external attorneys to review contracts to ensure all information pertinent to settlement is incorporated into the closing
- Work with in-house and external attorneys on the review, preparation and modification of closing documents to determine accuracy of information and need for additional documents and/or adjustments to information contained therein
- Manage the divestment of Fund assets where require including: marketing of property; meeting with prospective buyers and their brokers; negotiating the sale price; managing the closing process
- Bachelor’s degree essential
- Within your degree a concentration in finance and/or real estate is highly desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Hudson County and New York City is highly desirable but not essential
- 1+ years working in the real estate industry is highly desirable but not essential
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office essential
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must have a positive and confident disposition
- Enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Must be a motivated self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment