Dixon Advisory is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking, quick learner to join our Legal team. In the paralegal position, you will assist and take ownership over a variety of key real estate legal responsibilities while working with top industry professionals. At Dixon Advisory, we believe that with the right attitude and passion, coupled with our training and mentorship program, you can rapidly grow to achieve your top potential.
Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of US Masters Residential Property (USA) Fund (‘US Masters’ or ‘Fund’), a $900 million residential Real Estate Investment Trust (‘REIT’) operating in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters is one of the new breeds of REIT investors focusing on single-family houses (up to four dwellings) for acquisition, renovation and rental in the USA. As part of a growing $18 billion sector, US Masters is the only fund with the primary focus of acquiring residential properties in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters also formed the first Australian-listed property trust with a primary strategy of investing in direct US residential property. In addition to its focus on freestanding single-family houses, the Fund invests in small-to-mid-sized apartment buildings in joint ventures with key players in the local market. The Fund has total assets of over $900 million, owns approximately 600 houses and 13 apartment complexes representing over 1,500 rental units in the New York metropolitan area, and is actively committed to expanding the portfolio.
To learn more about Dixon Advisory USA and the Fund, please visit: www.dixonadvisoryusa.com
Founded in early 2011, Dixon Advisory USA and its construction subsidiary, Dixon Projects, have a skilled team of over 120 dynamic real estate, construction and finance professionals who are at the forefront of this exciting new investment sector. Dixon Advisory USA is vertically integrated, managing the Fund end-to-end – from the acquisition process, to asset rehabilitation, through to leasing and client management.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Assist in the acquisition and sale of Fund properties.
- Conduct legal research on a variety of matters and write summaries of the findings
- Oversee property registrations, rent registration, municipal code violations, and utility matters
- Act as a point of contact for external brokers, title companies, home inspectors, surveyors, and outside counsel
- Coordinate home inspections and surveys
- Review contract documents prepared by outside counsel to determine accuracy of information
- Review, modify and transmit the HUD-1 / Settlement Statement for approval
- Advise in-house counsel of issues that arise related to contract discrepancies and deficiencies
- Bachelor’s Degree
- General interest in law and/or real estate
- Exceptional communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail as well as analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team with co-workers possessing various areas of expertise
- Must be energetic and a creative thinker with a strong understanding of business ethics and standards
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Highly professional and approachable demeanor
- Flat organization and dynamic work environment
- Excellent training opportunities
- Attractive salary and insurance benefits
- 401k Plan with match
- Great perks: free breakfast every day, snack area, Beer Fridays, plus many more team events
- Social and diverse workplace with a strong team environment that fosters growth and development
To apply, please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter by clicking on the button below: