ACCOUNTANT (DIXON PROJECTS) – GRADUATE OPPORTUNITY
Do you have an acute sense of budgets and procedures? Do you have a keen eye for detail? Are you passionate about cash management? We’ve got the job for you.
Dixon Advisory USA is looking for an eager candidate ready to develop their accounting skill set while exploring the many different facets of the real estate industry from our New York City Financial District office. In this role, a driven individual passionate and excited about budgets, financial models and accounting, will gain unbelievable experience in the middle of one of America’s hottest real estate markets. As a member of the Dixon Projects team—Dixon’s in-house construction and design team— you’ll liaise with in-house project managers and external contractors, ensure responsible cash management, prepare internal and external reports and maintain internal financial controls and procedures. Learn more about one of Dixon’s Accountants, Josh Symonds.
We strive to keep our people at the peak of their professional game. We encourage the growth and development of everyone, from our newest graduates to our experienced teammates, through intensive training, daily face time with leadership and listening to everyone’s ideas.
I love being part of a company that is continuously growing day by day. My favorite part about my job would have to be my team. We have a great group of people who work effortlessly together. — Jes Lagana, Financial Controller
Dixon Projects provides bespoke design, construction and project management solutions backed by a unique investment-focused perspective and in-house team of experts. We own approximately 655 houses and 16 apartment complexes representing more than 1,700 rental units across the New York metropolitan area. Our success is no accident. It is the culmination of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what we are doing or learning to do. That’s how we became the number one owner of brownstones in New York City.
We are always looking for top talent because we understand that we are only as good as our employees. We achieve success by working side-by-side, day in and day out. Dixon’s open office setup reflects our belief that all teammates have vital and valuable perspectives to share.
For all full-time employees, we offer:
- Top-tier salaries across all positions and experience levels
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits
- Bi-annual bonus opportunities for all employees
- 401(k) matching up to 4% with no waiting period
We also make sure to take time away from the hustle to celebrate our victories.
- Frequent networking events
- Weekly happy hours and social gatherings
- Onsite visits to our spectacular properties
- Flexible schedules
- Complimentary breakfast, coffee and tea stations
- Assist in the preparation of all internal and external reporting
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in overseeing the cash management function including daily monitoring of transactions and cash availability
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Manage the accounts payable function for Dixon Projects in full, including responsibility for the processing, reviewing and tracking of expenses for a high volume of projects, ensuring that charges are correct and in line with quotations and agreed budgets
- Liaise with vendors/trade contractors regarding payments and billing discrepancies
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Preparation of accounts for the annual external audit
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field
- CPA or desire to obtain CPA
- Desire to forge a successful career as an Accountant
- Finance or accounting related internship highly desirable but not essential
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications essential
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to read, write, speak and interpret rules, procedures and reports/correspondence
- Strong attention to detail is essential
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]