Do you have experience with accounts payable/accounts receivable functions? Do you have a keen eye for detail? We’ve got the job for you.
Dixon Advisory USA is looking for an eager candidate ready to put their accounting skill set to use while exploring the many different facets of the real estate industry from our New York City Financial District office. As a member of the Dixon’s in-house construction and design team, Dixon Projects, you’ll ensure all vendor invoices are processed in a timely manner. You’ll also manage accounts payable and accounts receivable functions in full by liaising with internal project managers and external contractors for a high volume of projects. Learn more about one of Dixon’s Accountants, Josh Symonds.
We strive to keep our people at the peak of their professional game. We encourage the growth and development of everyone, from our newest graduates to our experienced teammates, through intensive training, daily face time with leadership and listening to everyone’s ideas.
I love being part of a company that is continuously growing day by day. My favorite part about my job would have to be my team. We have a great group of people who work effortlessly together. — Jes Lagana, Financial Controller
Dixon Projects provides bespoke design, construction and project management solutions backed by a unique investment-focused perspective and in-house team of experts. We own approximately 655 houses and 16 apartment complexes representing more than 1,700 rental units across the New York metropolitan area. Our success is no accident. It is the culmination of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what we are doing or learning to do. That’s how we became the number one owner of brownstones in New York City.
We are always looking for top talent because we understand that we are only as good as our employees. We achieve success by working side-by-side, day in and day out. Dixon’s open office setup reflects our belief that all teammates have vital and valuable perspectives to share.
We make sure to take time away from the hustle to celebrate our victories.
- Frequent networking events
- Weekly happy hours and social gatherings
- Complimentary breakfast, coffee and tea stations
- Manage the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions for Dixon Projects in full, including responsibility for the processing, reviewing and tracking of expenses for a high volume of projects, ensuring that charges are correct and in line with quotations and agreed budgets.
- Ensure all vendor invoices are entered and processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare and issue detailed invoices to clients in compliance with contractual agreements
- Liaise with external vendors/trade contractors and clients as well as internal project managers regarding payments and billing discrepancies
- Post payments to customer accounts and reconcile cash receipts
- Experience as an accounts receivable/payable clerk or accountant
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field preferred but not required
- Highly detail oriented with excellent record keeping and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to interpret rules, procedures, and reports/correspondence
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]