If you have a passion and excitement for Real Estate & Acquisitions, then we are looking for you. Dixon Advisory, the number one owner of brownstones in New York, is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, quick learner to join our Acquisitions team. We provide training, education, and one-on-one mentoring with top industry professionals.
This is not your typical real estate position. We offer a very attractive salary and genuine opportunities for career progression; and we offer a supportive and fun team environment. In short we provide you with the tools and exposure you need to have a rewarding career.
At Dixon Advisory, we believe that with the right attitude and passion, coupled with our training and mentorship program, you can rapidly grow to achieve your top potential.
Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of US Masters Residential Property (USA) Fund (‘US Masters’ or ‘Fund’), a $900 million residential Real Estate Investment Trust (‘REIT’) operating in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters is one of the new breed of REIT investors focusing on single-family houses (up to four dwellings) for acquisition, renovation and rental in the USA. As part of a growing $18 billion sector, US Masters is the only fund with the primary focus of acquiring residential properties in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters also forms the first Australian-listed property trust with a primary strategy of investing in direct US residential property. In addition to its focus on freestanding single-family houses, the Fund invests in small-to-mid-sized apartment buildings in joint ventures with key players in the local market. The Fund has total assets of over $900 million, owns approximately 600 houses and 13 apartment complexes representing over 1,500 rental units in the New York metropolitan area, and is actively committed to expanding the portfolio.
To learn more about Dixon Advisory USA and the Fund, please visit: www.dixonadvisoryusa.com
Founded in early 2011, Dixon Advisory USA and its construction subsidiary, Dixon Projects, have a skilled team of over 120 dynamic real estate, construction and finance professionals who are at the forefront of this exciting new investment sector. Dixon Advisory USA is vertically integrated, managing the Fund end-to-end – from the acquisition process, to asset rehabilitation, through to leasing and client management.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Source prospective acquisitions for the Fund, ensuring the property meets the Fund’s investment criteria
- Perform detailed inspections and conduct full analysis of prospective acquisitions to form a recommendation for the Fund’s Investment Committee regarding: purchase price, construction budget, and anticipated rent and yield
- Present prospective acquisitions to the Investment Committee for approval
- Active participation in the review of properties presented by other Acquisition Managers in the Investment Committee Meetings
- Negotiate purchase price and closing terms with external brokers/sellers on multiple properties per week ranging up to $5 million in acquisition cost per property
- Preparation of contract information for Investment Committee sign-off
- Liaise with external brokers/sellers regarding prospective acquisitions, and create and cultivate relationships with realtors/sellers for future transactions
- Liaise with in-house and external attorneys to review contracts to ensure all information pertinent to settlement is incorporated into the closing
- Work with in-house and external attorneys on the review, preparation and modification of closing documents to determine accuracy of information and need for additional documents and/or adjustments to information contained therein
- Manage the divestment of Fund assets where require including: marketing of property; meeting with prospective buyers and their brokers; negotiating the sale price; managing the closing process
- Bachelor’s degree essential
- Within your degree a concentration in real estate is highly desirable but not essential
- Real estate license in New York and/or New Jersey is preferred
- Knowledge of Hudson County and New York City is highly desirable
- 1-2 years working in the real estate industry is highly desirable but not essential
- Strong interest in residential real estate is highly desirable
- 1-2 year of residential construction experience is highly desirable
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office essential
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must have the capacity to manage the negotiations of many properties simultaneously
- Must have a positive and confident disposition
- Enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
- Must be a motivated self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Flat organization and dynamic work environment
- Excellent training opportunities
- Attractive salary and insurance benefits
- Compensation is not commissioned based
- 401k Plan with match
- Great perks: free breakfast every day, snack area, Beer Fridays, plus many more team events
- Social and diverse workplace with a strong team environment that fosters growth and development
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org