If you have a passion and excitement for Architecture and Design, and want to design high-end residential homes, then we are looking for you. Dixon Advisory, the number one owner of brownstones in New York, is looking for an enthusiastic, creative, hardworking, quick learner to join our Dixon Projects team. We provide one-on-one mentoring and training with top industry professionals.
At Dixon Advisory, we believe that with the right attitude and passion, coupled with our training and mentorship program, you can rapidly grow to achieve your top potential.
Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of the US Masters Residential Property (USA) Fund (‘US Masters’ or ‘Fund’), a $500 million residential Real Estate Investment Trust (‘REIT’) operating in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters is one of the new breed of REIT investors focusing on single-family houses (up to four dwellings) for acquisition, renovation and rental in the USA. As part of a growing $18 billion sector, US Masters is the only fund with the primary focus of acquiring residential properties in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters also forms the first Australian-listed property trust with a primary strategy of investing in direct US residential property. In addition to its focus on freestanding single-family houses, the Fund invests in small-to-mid-sized apartment buildings in joint ventures with key players in the local market. The Fund has total assets of over $500 million, owns approximately 550 houses and 27 apartment complexes representing over 2,000 rental units in the New York metropolitan area, and is actively committed to expanding the portfolio.
Founded in early 2011, Dixon Advisory USA and its construction subsidiary, Dixon Projects, have a skilled team of over 120 dynamic real estate, construction and finance professionals who are at the forefront of this exciting new investment sector. Dixon Advisory USA is vertically integrated, managing the Fund end-to-end – from the acquisition process, to asset rehabilitation, through to leasing and client management.
- Full responsibility for design conceptualization on assigned projects
- Produce zoning analysis’s for feasibility studies and program evaluation
- Discuss the objectives, requirements and budget of a project with senior management
- Work with external architects and engineer consultants as required
- Work with Project Management Division on construction management and internal designers as required
- Visit project sites before and during construction as required
- Bachelor degree in architecture
- 2-7 years of demonstrated work experience with Architectural firms
- Residential design experience is essential
- Experience in residential rehabilitation is highly desirable
- Project management and strategic planning experience is highly desirable
- Production of high quality construction drawings and specifications for both small and large scale residential remodeling projects, including electrical, plumbing, lighting and floor plan layouts
- Knowledge of building codes
- Experience in graphic design and 3D modeling is essential
- Ability to read and translate zoning ordinances
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent computer and technology skills (specifically AutoCAD)
- Enthusiastic to work hard in a growing company
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Flat organization and dynamic work environment
- Excellent training opportunities
- Attractive salary and insurance benefits
- 401k Plan with match
- Great perks: free breakfast every day, snack area, Beer Fridays, plus many more team events
- Social and diverse workplace with a strong team environment that fosters growth and development
To apply, please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter by clicking on the button below: