Do you constantly watch HGTV and think, “I could have done that better?” Does it break your heart to see a beautiful Brownstone wasting away? Join the Dixon Projects team and help us breathe new life into these once majestic architectural masterpieces (and so much more)!
Dixon Projects, the design and construction arm of Dixon Advisory USA, is excited to invite you to join our growing design and construction team as an Architectural Designer in our New York City Financial District office. In this role, a driven individual, passionate and excited about real estate, architecture, design and construction, will gain unbelievable residential experience in the middle of one of America’s hottest real estate markets. As a part of the Dixon Projects team, you’ll gain the skills, training and knowledge necessary to discover your niche as an integral part of a rapidly growing company. Learn more about our Senior Architect, Andy Urbany.
As an Architectural Designer, you’ll enjoy working directly with fellow architects, designers and departments in Dixon’s open-office setup. Unlike most construction companies, you’ll have a bevy of responsibilities from day one, working on everything from chic townhomes and landmarked historic homes, to high-end office spaces and boutique stores, giving you a real-world education unlike anything you’ll receive anywhere else. From preparing schematic design presentations and marketing floor plans, to visiting properties before and during construction, you’ll discover creative opportunities to put your mark on projects throughout New York’s five boroughs and Hudson County. Virtually tour a variety of renovated homes in Dixon’s premium portfolio.
Dixon Advisory is a young, entrepreneurial office that gives me the opportunity to work with a vast array of talented individuals from project management to leasing, marketing, and acquisitions. This collaborative environment has been a great way to learn and develop my own skills while contributing to projects within our portfolio. –Andy Urbany, Senior Architect
You could be working on any number of our huge assortment of brownstones. We own approximately 655 houses and 16 apartment complexes representing more than 1,700 rental units across the New York metropolitan area. Our success is no accident. It is the culmination of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what we are doing or learning to do. That’s how we became the number one owner of brownstones in New York City.
We are always looking for top talent because we understand that we are only as good as our employees. We achieve success by working side-by-side, day in and day out. Dixon’s open office setup reflects our belief that all teammates have vital and valuable perspectives to share.
For all full-time employees, we offer:
- Top-tier salaries across all positions and experience levels
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits
- Bi-annual bonus opportunities for all employees
- 401(k) matching up to 4% with no waiting period
We also make sure to take time away from the hustle to celebrate our victories.
- Frequent networking events
- Weekly happy hours and social gatherings
- Onsite visits to our spectacular properties
- Flexible schedules
- Complimentary breakfast, coffee and tea stations
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working directly with Senior Architect and Architectural Designers
- Performing on-site existing and as-built condition surveys
- Prepare schematic design presentations and marketing floor plans
- Coordinate with internal legal, acquisitions, project management and marketing teams to ensure project success
- Review construction document sets and consultant drawings for clarity and conformance to the design intent
- Visit project sites before and during construction as required
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration in Architecture
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is essential
- Proficiency in Revit, Sketch Up, or Rhino is preferred but not required
- Exceptional written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision
- 1-3 years professional experience with an architecture firm preferred, but not required
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org