If you have a passion and excitement for Architecture, then we are looking for you. Dixon Advisory, the number on owner of brownstones in New York, is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, quick learner to join our Architecture team. We provide training, education, and one-on-one mentoring with top industry professionals.
This is not your typical real estate position. We offer a very attractive salary and genuine opportunities for career progression; and we offer a supportive and fun team environment. In short we provide you with the tools and exposure you need to have a rewarding career.
At Dixon Advisory, we believe that with the right attitude and passion, coupled with our training and mentorship program, you can rapidly grow to achieve your top potential.
Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of the US Masters Residential Property (USA) Fund (‘US Masters’ or ‘Fund’), a $500 million residential Real Estate Investment Trust (‘REIT’) operating in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters is one of the new breed of REIT investors focusing on single-family houses (up to four dwellings) for acquisition, renovation and rental in the USA. As part of a growing $18 billion sector, US Masters is the only fund with the primary focus of acquiring residential properties in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters also forms the first Australian-listed property trust with a primary strategy of investing in direct US residential property. In addition to its focus on freestanding single-family houses, the Fund invests in small-to-mid-sized apartment buildings in joint ventures with key players in the local market. The Fund has total assets of over $500 million, owns approximately 550 houses and 27 apartment complexes representing over 2,000 rental units in the New York metropolitan area, and is actively committed to expanding the portfolio.
Founded in early 2011, Dixon Advisory USA and its construction subsidiary, Dixon Projects, have a skilled team of over 120 dynamic real estate, construction and finance professionals who are at the forefront of this exciting new investment sector. Dixon Advisory USA is vertically integrated, managing the Fund end-to-end – from the acquisition process, to asset rehabilitation, through to leasing and client management.
- Draft architectural designs in CAD in accordance with specifications and drawings for residential projects
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Perform on-site building surveys
- Production of high quality and accurate floor plans / construction documents for all properties owned and acquired by the Fund using the measurements and information recorded at the time of inspection.
- Revision of floor plan / construction documents for each property requiring construction and renovation when modification is complete.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture or related degree or qualification
- Two to seven years’ experience in the drafting field
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent computer technology skills
- Enthusiastic to work hard in a growing company
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- 3D modeling and rendering desirable
- Experience in productions of construction documents is essential
- High proficiency in AutoCAD required. Revit and Sketchup desirable
- Flat organization and dynamic work environment
- Excellent training opportunities
- Attractive salary and insurance benefits
- 401k Plan with match
- Great perks: free breakfast every day, snack area, Beer Fridays, plus many more team events
- Social and diverse workplace with a strong team environment that fosters growth and development
To apply, please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter by clicking on the button below: