ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER (GRADUATE OPPORTUNITY)
Does the smell of sawdust make you smile? Are you ready to see your visions come to life before your very eyes? Are you a masterful manager of time, budget and people? We’ve got just the job for you.
Dixon Projects, the design-build and construction arm of Dixon Advisory USA, is eager and excited to invite you to join our growing construction / renovation team as an Assistant Project Manager in our New York City Financial District office. In this role, a driven individual, passionate and excited about real estate and construction, will gain unbelievable residential and commercial construction experience in the middle of one of America’s hottest real estate markets. As a part of the Dixon Projects team, you’ll gain the skills, training and knowledge necessary to discover your niche and become an independent Project Manager. Learn more about one of our Project Managers, Liz Cubbage.
In this one-year rotation program, you’ll enjoy working on multiple teams each with their own unique management style and project focus. At the one-year mark, you’ll earn the opportunity to express your preferred project focus and transition into a Project Management role within that team. Unlike most construction companies, you’ll get your hands dirty from day one working on everything from chic modern townhomes and landmarked historic homes, to local cafes and retail shops, giving you a real-world education unlike anything you’ll receive anywhere else. Virtually tour a variety of renovated homes in our premium portfolio.
I knew I wanted to work for a company that would challenge me. Dixon is the perfect place. The amount of experience I have obtained is immeasurable, and the relationships I’ve built are irreplaceable. – Shannon Pierce, Project Manager
Dixon Projects provides bespoke design, construction and project management solutions backed by a unique investment-focused perspective and in-house team of experts in analysis, architecture, design and construction. You could be working on any number of our huge assortment of brownstones or private client projects. We own approximately 648 houses and 16 apartment complexes across the New York metropolitan area. Our success is no accident. It is the culmination of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what we are doing or learning to do. That’s how we became the number one owner of brownstones in New York City.
We are always looking for top talent because we understand that we are only as good as our employees. We achieve success by working side-by-side, day in and day out. Dixon’s open office setup reflects our belief that all teammates have vital and valuable perspectives to share.
For all employees, we offer:
- Top-tier salaries across all positions and experience levels
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits
- Bi-annual bonus opportunities for all employees
- 401(k) matching up to 4%
We also make sure to take time away from the hustle to celebrate our victories.
- Frequent networking events
- Weekly happy hours and social gatherings
- Onsite visits to our spectacular properties
- Flexible schedules
- Complimentary breakfast, coffee and tea stations
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Performing review and analysis of properties to determine the scope of repair work required
- Assisting in the review of construction proposal specifications, plans, and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Assisting in the preparation of construction budget and/or estimates
- Liaising with internal and external Architects on plans
- Soliciting subcontractor and/or supplier quotations
- Price negotiation with subcontractors and suppliers
- Provide a high level service for our Private Clients
- Management of construction sites, including management of subcontractors and suppliers performing work, ensuring work is being completed on-time, on-budget, according to plans and to a high standard.
- Working to identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts
- Work with in-house Procurement department to source construction materials, features and available finishing options, such as cabinet installations, bathroom fittings, and flooring etc.
- Analyzing completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs, and determine the reason for any discrepancies
- Managing purchasing of construction materials and appliances
- Providing support to Project Managers as required
- Degree in engineering or related field
- An internship with a construction or project management firm, or a company in a similar field is highly desirable but not essential
- Desire to forge a successful career in project management / construction management
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects at once and support multiple Project Managers in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications essential
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic to work hard in a growing company
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: [email protected]