GRADUATE OPPORTUNITY – ACCOUNTANT
If you have a passion and excitement for Finance & Accounting, than we are looking for you. Dixon Advisory, the number one owner of brownstones in New York, is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, quick learner to join our Accounting Team. We provide training, education, and one-on-one mentoring with top industry professionals.
This is not your typical real estate position. We offer a very attractive salary and genuine opportunities for career progression; and we offer a supportive and fun team environment. In short we provide you with the tools and exposure you need to have a rewarding career.
At Dixon Advisory, we believe that with the right attitude and passion, coupled with our training and mentorship program, you can rapidly grow to achieve your top potential.
Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of the US Masters Residential Property (USA) Fund (‘US Masters’ or ‘Fund’), a $750 million residential Real Estate Investment Trust (‘REIT’) operating in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters is one of the new breed of REIT investors focusing on single-family houses (up to four dwellings) for acquisition, renovation and rental in the USA. As part of a growing $18 billion sector, US Masters is the only fund with the primary focus of acquiring residential properties in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters also forms the first Australian-listed property trust with a primary strategy of investing in direct US residential property. In addition to its focus on freestanding single-family houses, the Fund invests in small-to-mid-sized apartment buildings in joint ventures with key players in the local market. The Fund has total assets of over $750 million, owns approximately 550 houses and 27 apartment complexes representing over 2,000 rental units in the New York metropolitan area, and is actively committed to expanding the portfolio.
Founded in early 2011, Dixon Advisory USA and its construction subsidiary, Dixon Projects, have a skilled team of over 120 dynamic real estate, construction and finance professionals who are at the forefront of this exciting new investment sector. Dixon Advisory USA is vertically integrated, managing the Fund end-to-end – from the acquisition process, to asset rehabilitation, through to leasing and client management.
- Assist in the preparation of all internal and external reporting
- Provide support to the Financial Controller in overseeing the cash management function including daily monitoring of transactions and cash availability
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures
- Manage the accounts payable function for Dixon Projects in full, including responsibility for the processing, reviewing and tracking of expenses for a high volume of projects, ensuring that charges are correct and in line with quotations and approved budgets
- Liaise with project managers regarding payments and billing discrepancies
- Monitor and resolve bank issues including fee anomalies and check differences
- Preparation of accounts for the annual external audit
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or related field
- CPA or desire to obtain CPA
- Desire to forge a successful career as an Accountant
- Finance or accounting related internship highly desirable but not essential
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications essential
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to read, write, speak and interpret rules, procedures and reports/correspondence
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Flat organization and dynamic work environment
- Excellent training opportunities
- Attractive salary and insurance benefits
- 401k Plan with match
- Great perks: free breakfast every day, snack area, Beer Fridays, plus many more team events
- Social and diverse workplace with a strong team environment that fosters growth and development
To apply, please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter by clicking on the button below: