If you have a passion and excitement for real estate and customer service, then we are looking for you. Dixon Advisory, the number one owner of brownstones in New York, is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, quick learner to join our Property Management team. We provide training, education, and one-on-one mentoring with top industry professionals.
This is not your typical real estate position. We offer a very attractive salary and genuine opportunities for career progression; and we offer a supportive and fun team environment. In short we provide you with the tools and exposure you need to have a rewarding career.
At Dixon Advisory, we believe that with the right attitude and passion, coupled with our training and mentorship program, you can rapidly grow to achieve your top potential.
Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of the US Masters Residential Property (USA) Fund (‘US Masters’ or ‘Fund’), a $500 million residential Real Estate Investment Trust (‘REIT’) operating in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters is one of the new breed of REIT investors focusing on single-family houses (up to four dwellings) for acquisition, renovation and rental in the USA. As part of a growing $18 billion sector, US Masters is the only fund with the primary focus of acquiring residential properties in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters also forms the first Australian-listed property trust with a primary strategy of investing in direct US residential property. In addition to its focus on freestanding single-family houses, the Fund invests in small-to-mid-sized apartment buildings in joint ventures with key players in the local market. The Fund has total assets of over $500 million, owns approximately 550 houses and 27 apartment complexes representing over 2,000 rental units in the New York metropolitan area, and is actively committed to expanding the portfolio.
To learn more about Dixon Advisory USA and the Fund, please visit: www.dixonadvisoryusa.com
Founded in early 2011, Dixon Advisory USA and its construction subsidiary, Dixon Projects, have a skilled team of over 120 dynamic real estate, construction and finance professionals who are at the forefront of this exciting new investment sector. Dixon Advisory USA is vertically integrated, managing the Fund end-to-end – from the acquisition process, to asset rehabilitation, through to leasing and client management.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Present a professional and efficient approach to remedy client issues
- Thorough knowledge of foundations, electrical wiring, plumbing, insulation, flooring, walls and roofs
- Draft well-written and supported home inspection reports
- Coordinate Repairs and follow‐up with tenants, property managers, and construction daily to ensure client satisfaction
- Ensure all work has been scheduled and completed properly
- Coordinate appointments with Dixon field reps to solve issues
- Review work orders in each Property Manager’s portfolio to ensure the close out of work orders within a timely fashion
- Manage the repair system database to keep track of major repairs for each property and/or unit
- Accurately estimate potential costs of major repairs
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis on vendors in such areas as performance, time completion, and professionalism
- Deactivate under-performing or not cost effective vendors
- Bachelor’s degree essential
- Proficiency in YARDI a plus but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential
- Knowledge of Hudson County and New York City is highly desirable but not essential
- Must be able to keep calm when dealing with challenging circumstances
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
- Flat organization and dynamic work environment
- Excellent training opportunities
- Attractive salary and insurance benefits
- 401k Plan with match
- Great perks: free breakfast every day, snack area, Beer Fridays, plus many more team events
- Social and diverse workplace with a strong team environment that fosters growth and development
To apply, please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter by clicking on the button below: