LEGAL & GOVERNMENT RELATIONS ANALYST
If you have a passion and excitement for politics and law than we are looking for you. Dixon Advisory, the number one owner of brownstones in the Greater New York Area, is looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, quick learner to join our team. We provide training, education, and one-on-one mentoring with top industry professionals.
We offer a very attractive salary and genuine opportunities for career progression; and we offer a supportive and fun team environment. In short, we provide you with the tools and exposure you need to have a rewarding career.
At Dixon Advisory, we believe that with the right attitude and passion, coupled with our training and mentorship program, you can rapidly grow to achieve your top potential.
Dixon Advisory USA is the manager of the US Masters Residential Property (USA) Fund (‘US Masters’ or ‘Fund’), a $500 million residential Real Estate Investment Trust (‘REIT’) operating in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters is one of the new breed of REIT investors focusing on single-family houses (up to four dwellings) for acquisition, renovation and rental in the USA. As part of a growing $18 billion sector, US Masters is the only fund with the primary focus of acquiring residential properties in the New York metropolitan area. US Masters also forms the first Australian-listed property trust with a primary strategy of investing in direct US residential property. In addition to its focus on freestanding single-family houses, the Fund invests in small-to-mid-sized apartment buildings in joint ventures with key players in the local market. The Fund has total assets of over $500 million, owns approximately 550 houses and 27 apartment complexes representing over 2,000 rental units in the New York metropolitan area, and is actively committed to expanding the portfolio.
Founded in early 2011, Dixon Advisory USA and its construction subsidiary, Dixon Projects, have a skilled team of over 120 dynamic real estate, construction and finance professionals who are at the forefront of this exciting new investment sector. Dixon Advisory USA is vertically integrated, managing the Fund end-to-end – from the acquisition process, to asset rehabilitation, through to leasing and client management.
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Legal and Government Relations, including: scheduling appointments, data-entry, typing, filing and scanning
- Research community groups and stakeholders in areas where the Fund has invested, attend community meetings, and report to senior management regarding relevant news and developments
- Monitor local news to report on relevant emerging issues
- Assist with preparation for external meetings by researching and writing briefing materials
- Draft important notices and correspondence for senior management
- Assist with management of the Fund’s corporate philanthropy program and track all charitable donations
- Plan and execute company-wide volunteering event
- Assist with the preparation for legal proceedings, with potential to attend hearings
- Create and maintain legal files
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally with coursework in politics, history, pre-law, writing, and or English Literature
- Strong interest in law, politics, and/or real estate
- Professional experience or internships with New Jersey or New York elected officials, government agencies, and/or political or issue-based campaigns are highly desirable, but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
- Highly professional and approachable demeanor
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be willing to attend meetings in the evenings
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Flat organization and dynamic work environment
- Excellent training opportunities
- Attractive salary and insurance benefits
- 401k Plan with match
- Great perks: free breakfast every day, snack area, Beer Fridays, plus many more team events
- Social and diverse workplace with a strong team environment that fosters growth and development
To apply, please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter by clicking on the button below: