PROCUREMENT ANALYST (GRADUATE OPPORTUNITY)
Do you have an acute sense of logistics and budgets? Are you passionate about building and nourishing relationships? Do you have a knack for negotiating and strategizing? We’ve got the job for you.
Dixon Advisory USA is looking for an eager candidate ready to develop their procurement skill set while exploring the many different facets of the real estate industry from our New York City Financial District office. In this role, a driven individual passionate and excited about strategy, negotiations and execution will gain unbelievable experience in the middle of one of America’s hottest real estate markets. As a member of the Dixon Projects team,—Dixon’s in-house construction and design team— you’ll liaise with Warehouse and Project Managers and gain hands-on experience with Dixon Projects executives to source suppliers, build effective partnerships, and ensure that all materials are delivered quickly, at the best price and of the highest quality. Learn more about one of Dixon’s Procurement Analysts, Dane Corpion
We strive to keep our people at the peak of their professional game. We encourage the growth and development of everyone, from our newest graduates to our experienced teammates, through intensive training, daily face time with leadership and listening to everyone’s ideas.
Being able to directly influence the bottom line of an organization by generating cost savings, and then being able to pass those savings along to both investors and clients is what attracted me to procurement in the first place. I treat every dollar of procurable spend as if it were my own, and where possible, I recommend solutions to help Dixon deliver projects on time, under budget, and to the highest possible degree of quality. – Joseph McCue, Procurement Analyst
Dixon Projects provides bespoke design, construction and project management solutions backed by a unique investment-focused perspective and in-house team of experts. We own approximately 637 houses and 16 apartment complexes representing nearly 1,700 rental units across the New York metropolitan area. Our success is no accident. It is the culmination of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what we are doing or learning to do. That’s how we became the number one owner of brownstones in New York City.
We are always looking for top talent because we understand that we are only as good as our employees. We achieve success by working side-by-side, day in and day out. Dixon’s open office setup reflects our belief that all teammates have vital and valuable perspectives to share.
For all employees, we offer:
- Top-tier salaries across all positions and experience levels
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits
- Bi-annual bonus opportunities for all employees
- 401(k) matching up to 4%
We also make sure to take time away from the hustle to celebrate our victories.
- Frequent networking events
- Weekly happy hours and social gatherings
- Complimentary breakfast, coffee and tea stations
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work with Dixon Projects executives on procurement strategy, execution, and recommendations for procuring construction materials, appliances, and interior fixtures and finishes.
- Source suppliers that provide high-quality products and services at a better price while maintaining the highest code of ethics and conduct.
- Manage vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
- Manage and monitor procurement reporting systems and record keeping.
- Support functional teams consisting of architects, interior designers, and project and construction managers.
- Interact with Accounts Payable to ensure accurate and timely payment of invoices to suppliers.
- Manage delivery of materials; ensuring goods are delivered to the correct address, on time and undamaged.
- Liaise with Warehouse and Project Managers regarding delivery times.
- General administrative tasks including database entry and updating of project schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, supply chain management or related degree essential
- Knowledge of construction materials highly desirable but not essential
- Exceptional communication skills
- Excellent computer and technology skills
- Attention to detail is critical
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org