ASSISTANT PROPERTY MANAGER
Are you passionate about superior customer service? Are you a master communicator? Do you have a knack for successfully navigating challenges? We’ve got just the job for you.
Dixon Leasing, the leasing and property management arm of Dixon Advisory USA, is eager and excited to invite you to join our growing team as a Property Management Assistant in our New York City Financial District office. In this role, a driven individual, passionate about real estate and client relations, will gain unbelievable experience in the middle of one of America’s hottest real estate markets. As a part of the Dixon Leasing team, you’ll assist property managers in the care of properties and their residents across Hudson County, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens. You’ll also liaise with several in-house departments to complete work orders in a timely manner, and ensure great service is displayed through every client interaction. Learn about one of our Senior Property Managers, Judy Gutierrez.
We strive to keep our people at the peak of their professional game. We encourage the growth and development of everyone, from our newest graduates to our valued teammates, through intensive training, daily face time with leadership, listening to everyone’s ideas and assigning responsibility from day one.
Walking into Dixon is unlike any other work environment I’ve grown accustomed to. The trust and support given truly allows you to accomplish your job at your best. — Valdet Lajqi, Property Manager
We own approximately 655 houses and 16 apartment complexes representing more than 1,700 rental units across the New York metropolitan area. Our success is no accident. It is the culmination of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what we are doing or learning to do. That’s how we became the number one owner of brownstones in New York City.
We are always looking for top talent because we understand that we are only as good as our employees. We achieve success by working side-by-side, day in and day out. Dixon’s open office setup reflects our belief that all teammates have vital and valuable perspectives to share.
For all full-time employees, we offer:
- Top-tier salaries across all positions and experience levels
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits
- Bi-annual bonus opportunities for all employees
- 401(k) matching up to 4% with no waiting period
We make sure to take time away from the hustle to celebrate our victories.
- Frequent networking events
- Weekly happy hours and social gatherings
- Complimentary breakfast, coffee and tea stations
- Assisting Property Managers with tenant communications
- Follow-up with tenants post-repairs to ensure a high level of service was displayed
- Follow-up with contractors, when needed, to ensure tenant appointments have been scheduled
- Preparation of notices / letters / emails as well as other administrative tasks
- Maintain organized files and paperwork
- Complete work orders as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years’ experience working in an office environment, or receptionist experience required
- Bilingual a plus
- Proficiency in YARDI a plus but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential
- Knowledge of Hudson County and New York City is highly desirable but not essential
- Must be able to keep calm when dealing with challenging circumstances
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org