Are you passionate about forming relationships? Are you a master communicator? Do you have a knack for navigating challenging circumstances? We’ve got just the job for you.
Dixon Leasing, the leasing and property management arm of Dixon Advisory USA, is eager and excited to invite you to join our growing team as a Property Manager in our New York City Financial District office. In this role, a driven individual, passionate and excited about real estate and client relations, will gain unbelievable experience in the middle of one of America’s hottest real estate markets. As a part of the Dixon Leasing team, you’ll manage properties across Hudson County, Manhattan, Brooklyn and Queens, quickly resolve all tenant requests and concerns, and liaise with several in-house departments to track tenant move-ins, move-outs, lease renewals and more. Learn more about one of our Property Managers, Judy Gutierrez.
We strive to keep our people at the peak of their professional game. We encourage the growth and development of everyone, from our newest graduates to our valued teammates, through intensive training, daily face time with leadership, listening to everyone’s ideas and assigning responsibility from day one.
Our tenants trust us with the well-being of their family home, so when I walk through the doors to work every day, my goal is to help them live a more fulfilled and confident life. —Nicolette D’Aiuto, Property Manager
We own approximately 648 houses and 16 apartment complexes representing more than 1,700 rental units across the New York metropolitan area. Our success is no accident. It is the culmination of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what we are doing or learning to do. That’s how we became the number one owner of brownstones in New York City.
We are always looking for top talent because we understand that we are only as good as our employees. We achieve success by working side-by-side, day in and day out. Dixon’s open office setup reflects our belief that all teammates have vital and valuable perspectives to share.
For all employees, we offer:
- Top-tier salaries across all positions and experience levels
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits
- Bi-annual bonus opportunities for all employees
- 401(k) matching up to 4%
We also make sure to take time away from the hustle to celebrate our victories.
- Frequent networking events
- Weekly happy hours and social gatherings
- Complimentary breakfast, coffee and tea stations
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Investigate and resolve all tenant requests and complaints
- Report and track property costs, leasing returns and other performance metrics in YARDI
- Continually analyze maintenance operations with attention to cost reduction
- Maintain accurate records in YARDI regarding preventative maintenance, work orders, and tenant-related reports
- Contracting with construction, landscaping and snow removal services
- Manage delinquent accounts and initiate legal proceedings according to local and State laws.
- Enforce rules of occupancy
- Manage Section 8 administration for tenant and prospective tenants on the Section 8 Rental Assistant Program
- Liaise with City and State officials on Government run property inspections
- Work with the Property Inspection Division regarding the annual inspection of occupied units
- Work with the Leasing Division on tenant move-ins and move-outs and the management of the lease renewal process
- Preparation of notices / letters / emails
- Maintain organized files and paperwork
- Bachelor’s degree
- Recent graduates welcome
- Proficiency in YARDI a plus but not essential
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office essential
- Knowledge of Section 8 highly desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of Hudson County and New York City is highly desirable but not essential
- Must be able to keep calm when dealing with challenging circumstances
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Bilingual a plus
- Enthusiastic and hardworking attitude
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org