SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
Do you spend hours creating Pinterest boards full of home interiors? Are you ready to see those boards come to life before your very eyes? We’ve got the job for you.
Dixon Projects, the design and construction arm of Dixon Advisory USA, is eager and excited to invite you to become an Interior Designer in our New York City Financial District office which was in fact designed by two of our Interior Designers, Marybeth O’Haire and Rian Smith. In this role, a driven individual, passionate and enthusiastic about design, will gain unbelievable residential interior design experience in the middle of one of America’s hottest real estate markets. As a part of the Dixon Projects team, you’ll gain the skills, training and knowledge necessary to discover your niche and unleash your creative potential.
Working directly with the Creative Director and other designers, you will select finishes, fixtures and more on assigned projects before presenting to the client for approval. Unlike most construction and design companies, you’ll enjoy collaborating with several other departments from day one working on everything from chic townhomes to landmarked historic homes, giving you a real-world education unlike anything you’ll receive anywhere else. Virtually tour a variety of redesigned and renovated homes in our premium portfolio.
Working in an inspiring environment with caring people, I couldn’t be more excited to be a part of the Dixon team. As a recent graduate, transitioning my interior design degree into real world experience has been seamless through the guidance and support of my Dixon peers. – Danielle Garrison, Interior Designer
Dixon Projects provides bespoke design, construction and project management solutions backed by a unique investment-focused perspective and in-house team of experts in analysis, architecture, design and construction. You could be working on any number of our huge assortment of brownstones. We own approximately 648 houses and 16 apartment complexes representing more than 1,700 rental units across the New York metropolitan area. Our success is no accident. It is the culmination of hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what we are doing or learning to do. That’s how we became the number one owner of brownstones in New York City.
We are always looking for top talent because we understand that we are only as good as our employees. We achieve success by working side-by-side, day in and day out. Dixon’s open office setup reflects our belief that all teammates have vital and valuable perspectives to share.
For all employees, we offer:
- Top-tier salaries across all positions and experience levels
- Competitive health, dental and vision benefits
- Bi-annual bonus opportunities for all employees
- 401(k) matching up to 4%
We also make sure to take time away from the hustle to celebrate our victories.
- Frequent networking events
- Weekly happy hours and social gatherings
- Onsite visits to our spectacular properties
- Flexible schedules
- Complimentary breakfast, coffee and tea stations
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with Creative Director, Senior Interior Designers and Architectural Designers on a diverse set of projects
- Select the Finishes, Fixtures and Equipment (FF&E) on assigned projects; present to client for approval
- Coordinate with internal legal, acquisitions, project management and marketing teams to ensure project success
- Present designs to and liaise with private clients alongside project management through all phases of a project lifecycle, from schematics, through construction until project completion
- Review construction document sets and consultant drawings for clarity and conformance to the design intent
- Visit project sites regularly to ensure installation of FF&E is as intended and to a high standard
- Research new materials and/or suppliers to integrate into future projects
- BA Degree in Interior Design or related field
- Experience in residential interior design and/or rehabilitation
- Ability to read and understand architectural plans
- Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written; detail oriented
- Must work well with others and enjoy collaboration
- Must be a self-starter who is comfortable achieving maximum results with minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable presenting designs to private clients and interacting with outside vendors
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- 3-5 years or related professional experience preferred
- Experience in graphic design and 3D modeling is preferred
- An interest in real estate investment and development is preferred
To apply for this exciting role please submit your resume accompanied by a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org